Friday 7 August 2015

La Casa Azul: The home of.... Frida Kahlo

 La Casa Azul: The Mexico City Home of Artist Frida Kahlo


 Frida Kahlo has been one of my favorite artists for well over a decade, embarrassingly until the film Frida came out I had no idea about her life and struggles, nor had i any idea about her fabulous home pictured above, where Frida spent many years bed ridden following her battle with Polio and her traffic accident.

The home, La Casa Azul (The blue house) in the Coyoacán borough of Mexico City is now a Museum but has had a wonderful history, homing not only Frida Kahlo and her family but also acting as a place of asylum to Leon Trosky.

La Casa Azul is high on my list of places to visit...


6 comments:

Danielle said...

I've never seen pictures of her home before but, these look how I would expect. Lots of light and color-- yet it feels familiar. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I have ben here - it's genuinely extraordinary and moving. So lovely to be reminded. Love your blog x

Anonymous said...

*been

Notes From ABroad said...

One of the best museum shows I have ever seen was when we were living in Buenos Aires and they did a huge show of her art and Diego Riveras. At the Museum of Modern Art ... it was fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Oh! This is really nice! I should go once in my life! Thanks for your pictures! xx

Laura Morrigan said...

I adore Frida and would love to visit her house one day!